The Invitation –
The visit to Brazil in December of 2011 had two purposes in my mind, to take the book for the dedication of the memorial in Algodao de Jandiara, and to scatter Marilou’s ashes in those locations that we had visited.
There was a third purpose in the heart of God – The call to work in Brazil! I did not immediately say yes, when Bishop Eneas asked me to consider coming to work with them. I went home, and contacted my intercessors. I wanted them to pray and tell me what they heard from the Lord. It was actually a pretty easy call. The Lord had been working on this for four years. I invite you to watch the video below from Bishop Eneas giving their invitation and their commitment to my coming to work with them in Joao Pessoa and Algodao de Jandaira.
Watch the video with English subtitles
Watch the video in Portuguese – no subtitles
The Macedonian Call –
After my intercessors affirmed that they felt this call was from the Lord, a friend spoke to me over the phone, not knowing of the invitation from Bishop Eneas. As we talked about the death of my wife, and God’s work through that. He stated that he strongly felt that God had put a “Macedonian Call” upon my life.In this conversation, he made several points about what this call means –
1) There is a Macedonian Call on my life that I must not dismiss or ignore.
- Part of the Macedonian call is that one is “sought out.” Seems to be what is happening with Brazil. “When a nation calls, never put that to the side.” To prepare for this call we must go through various levels of loss. This is part of an enormous shifting, and recalibrating of the things in our lives.
- This is a critical time to live out Ecclesiastes 8 where I need to listen to the King.
2) There is a repositioning that is part of this process. Three parts to this
- Exodus 14 – it is time to move on to the next stage – leave where we are and move on
- Numbers and Nehemiah – idea of recognizing His voice and following His voice and instructions
- I Thess. 4:11 – “That you aspire to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you, that you may walk properly toward those who are outside and that you may lack nothing.”
3) There is a letting go that has to happen so that we go back to the Lord
- This means that in spirit, soul and body, I need to leave the way I have been accustomed to living as a part of Marilou and leave that on the cross, moving ahead with what the Lord has for me.
Let me describe to you the Vision for this adventure to Brazil. Click here to go to the next page of this saga.